So, you might be getting lonely that I didn’t write at all these past weeks. About the progress of my project with Google Summer of Code. Well, I know you don’t. SO why don’t we move ahead with me explaining in detail how awesome my weeks was. Let’s get started, shall we?
First up, 14 June 2018, was a special day as Google was in town at J.W Mariott, Aerocity, New Delhi for the Google Cloud Summit 2018. Spoiler alert, it was completely off the hook. This time I will let the pictures do the talking.
So, yeah. It was the most fun I ever had. But let’s talk about the organization I represented, Sugar Labs and my week 6 and 7 of working with them for Google Summer of Code. I will be as brief as possible for it.
- I have been making progress on updating metadata of activities (5 done, 1 in progress, 8 in the pipeline, 161 total)
- My 1st evaluation just got over. The results are not out yet (Update: I passed), but I am very optimistic as my mentors informed me. Here’s the repository for reference.
- From the advice of mentors, I have also started work from the other end of the wire. As I setup ASLOv3 on my home system and check out the code base with the aim to make it more resilient to default values if metadata is not present of the activity,
- Also, as Quozl suggested I worked with LicenceCheck and its a game changer. I will follow his advice further and implement a similar basis in my script if I can.
- I researched about compatibility in licenses. As my findings with LicenseCheck will help nonetheless. We need to be sure that licenses are compatible with each other when out in production.
- I tested out how and what the .xo bundle was and got into a bit of ditch. Which Pro-Panda and octomois helped me out.
- With regards to old issues and other deliverables, I worked on a new script which was needed to analyze repositories in a faster way. It is just a modification of my current one, hence not a problem.
- I resolved the bugs in my previous script and made some modifications that i wanted.